Cookies help us provide better user experience. By using our website, you agree to the use of cookies.

Thiba Palace

It is 1 km from The Mango Villa.The Thibaw Palace was the home of the exiled king and queen of erstwhile Burma for nearly five years. Some of the selective stone tombs and belongings are still preserved in the palace. One of the major attractions of Ratnagiri city situated on a small hillock. There is also a best sunset point from here. One can have a panoramic view of Someshwar .

 

Bhatye beach

It is 3 km from The Mango Villa.The Bhayte Beach is situated at a distance of 1.5 KMs from the city of Ratnagiri. The beach is straight and flat. It is covered by the suru trees and came to be known as the Suru Ban. Bhatye is a small village very close to Ratnagiri city (approximate 1 km away). The village is well known for a mind blowing, flat sea shower. The length of the beach is approximately 1.5 kms and its very flat and straight.

 

Ratnagiri Lighthouse

It is 5 km from The Mango Villa.The fort house is located at a distance of 11 kms from the city. Ratnagiri Lighthouse stands at the southern end of the Jaigad fort. The passage on the side of the Fort wall leads to the Lighthouse. Ratnagiri Lighthouse is situated in the Ratnagiri Fort, 11 km from Ratnagiri. Ratnagiri Fort, also known as Ratnadurg Fort, was built during the Bahamani rule. The fort had changed a lot of hands and was rebuilt on various occasions, but is now in ruins.

 

Ratnadurg Fort

It is 5 km from The Mango Villa.Ratnadurg Fort is encircled by the Arabian Sea from three sides. The dimensions of the horseshoe shaped fort are 1300 m length and 1000 m width. A lighthouse named as the Siddha lighthouse is situated at one of the bastions. A fort which is surrounded by the Arebian Sea from three sides. The fort is having a shape of Horse Shoe and a length approximately 1300 m and width 1000m. Its having strong fortifications from south-east to west side.

 

Tilak House

It is 3 km from The Mango Villa.Tilak was born in a Chitpavan Brahmin family in Ratnagiri, headquarters of the eponymous district of present-day Maharashtra (then British India) on 23 July 1856.His ancestral village was Chikhali. His father, Gangadhar Tilak was a school teacher and a Sanskrit scholar who died when Tilak was sixteen.

 

Pawas,Ratnagiri

Pawas is located in the Ratnagiri District of Maharashtra, at a distance of about 20 km from Ratnagiri Town. Pawas is a serene place known for its natural beauty. Pawas came into the limelight after it was chosen by Swami Swaroopanad for his ashram.

 

Marleshwar

It is 65 km from The Mango Villa.Marleshwar is a place in Sangameshwar subdivision of Ratnagiri district in the Indian state of Maharashtra. Marleshwar is known for the Cave Shiva Temple, where devotees handle venomous snakes every year thousands of devotees visit the temple and perform ablutions in the nearby Bav river. Dhareshwar is a waterfall on the Bav river which is another tourist attraction.

 

Prachin Konkan

It is 25  km from The Mango Villa.Prachin Konkan inagurated on the 15 December 2004 is the brain child of Mr. Vaibhav Vasudev Sardesai who succeeded in not only providing interesting information about Konkan to the tourist but also employment opportunities for the localites.

 

Ganapati Swayambhu Temple

The Swayambhu Ganapati Temple is believed to be 400 years old. According to legend, a farmer while walking through the Kerda jungles discovered the idol of Ganapati and later on he built a temple around the idol. The Ganapati idol in the temple is built of pure white. Ganpatipule (Ganpatipule) is a small town located in the Ratnagiri district on the Konkan coast of Maharashtra,in the sub-continent of India. The town of Chiplun is located to its north.